Monday 31 October 2016

1st team's match against El Salvador

1st team's match against El Salvador

On a pretty sunny Sunday, after swimming lessons, my father was waiting for me at the door and took me to the 1st team's match against Silverstorm El Salvador RC. Father had brought some crisps and refreshments over too. We sat down in the first row, so the TV camera filming would surely capture us both sitting down.

At last, the players trudged onto the pitch I saw every player I knew: the captain (and the hooker), the 7 (right flanker), the 10 (the stand-off), the 14 (the wing) and the 15 (the  fullback). God! I know half the team by now! Then we saw the opponent and were amazed. They were big! Their right 2nd row only needed the hammer and the suit to be none other than Thor! So, the match began. The kick was great! But the Cisneros caught it... from then it was a masacre! And truly, that right flanker was fast and strong! He was in every tackle, every maul, every ruck on the field. He was so good that I even thought he stopped time to get to every situation! Incredible! The hooker was just as good! Let those soccer commentators say the defence are bulldozers! Just look at him push! No matter who he steps on, he just goes forward. Also really good kicks from the stand-off! They helped us with the tries! And look at the right wing run!!! Well, the first half ended with a nice 15-7 after we recieved a try with its transformation.

The 2nd half was torture after another try and transformation that put the game 15-14. I was biting my nails in my anxiousness. But after all that, a kick gave us three more points. Pew! And on that, the game ended after another cisneros try and transformation and a salvador kick. 23-17.


The End 

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention our passes from the side to their hooker at the "touches" :-)

    ReplyDelete