Friday 21 October 2016

Match against VRAC

The match against VRAC

On saturday 14th, we had to play our first league match. Against VRAC. We knew this was one of the best clubs in Spain. This was no Quijote RC. This was not going to be easy. CRC was already very dificult, and I had already played against Vrac once in my career against them. Totally unready. I was even rushed to hospital when my right shoulder got pushed too far back in a ruck. It was nothing in the end, but I have dreaded that team since. Well, we were surprise to find out that they turned up late to the Paraninfo, but I was even more surprised when I saw they had a new pink kit. But I didn't underestimate them. As I dreaded, it all happened like the last match against them. I started as a substitute. The only difference to this match was that we played a lot better. As soon as I went on in the second half was that the mud was as tender as can be. That's why I had to shower in the changing rooms after the match. But I could do better so I actually don't know if I deserved that trip to the cinema to watch the continuation of Angels and Daemons and The Da Vinci code, "Inferno". But let's get on with the match. 

The first half went by normally, with its own amount of knock-ons and lineouts. I was the sideline ref, but it wasn't much of a thrill for me, because I had to be the job as we hadn't hired the whole referee team because we weren't of a professional category. By the end of the first half, surprisingly, we were winning!









But our joy didn't last long. In the second half, when I went on, I felt the fury of the VRAC. I missed tackles, never got into rucks with the necessary speed and, on the whole played really badly. After that I was scolded by my dad for that.





So, we lost by 1 try and 1 transformation. 7 points! Our captain was rushed to hospital with a broken finger. Let's see how well our team will do in the next match.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment