Sunday 2 October 2016

Friendly match against El Quijote Rugby Club

Match against El Quijote Rugby Club

On the morning of Saturday 1st of October, wedeparted from our house at approximately 10:15 to get to the Central rugby field. There, the Boss, as we call him, opened the season with a speech. 

 
The Boss with his speech









All the players during the ceremony






When the ceremony finished, we got our picture taken.
 The ceremony had finished, but not our To Do List for the day. We had a match at 13:30 against El Quijote Rugby Club.
When Father and I got to the Paraninfo, we were disgusted. The pitch was a picture. In some places it was as dry as can be, in others it was muddy and in some rare places it was a positive swamp! We would play 1h 15mins divided in three parts.

 But one of our players would play on their team every part.

U. started on their team in the first part. We  played phenomenally, and F, a newbie in this team but not in this sport, scored loads of tries. I didn't play this part.



F. racing up the flank for another try


In the Second part F. would help El Quijote. We were aghast. WHAT?! Well, El Quijote's score shot up as F. scored more and more tries. 
Near the end of the second part, something really rare happened: I got the ball. I shot forward through a gap but an opponent was gaining on me fast. At last I made a decision, hit the brakes and turned around, trying to sidestep him as he passed. I was wrong. A shoulder collided with my stomach, knocking the wind out of me. I dropped the ball. Chance missed.


During the third part, R.F went over to their side. F was on the bench now. We did score some tries. It was in this part when I got the opportunity. I got passed the ball again. I thundered through the gap between two opponents, carefully handing off both of them. Richard tore after me. This time, I didn't doubt and raced full pelt towards my first try.

 R.F got me, but it was too late. TRY!
My First Try!!

The rest of the match went by in a blur. I missed another try that I could have scored.


END OF THE MATCH

For safety reasons I will not write the full name of players, coaches, etc...




No comments:

Post a Comment