Saturday 4 March 2017

B team tie against Alcorcón RC

B team tie against Alcorcón RC

Half an hour after the A team's match, it was our turn. We, the B team were playing a match against Alcorcón rugby club. I have rarely played in the B team this season, but when I do play there, I get motivated as hell. That was the case on that day, when we tied against Alcorcón RC. It was a normal spring day, and it was very chilly, as it was 10 in the morning. But after the A team's win, we were keen to follow their lead. So we all stood there, in the centre of the pitch, with our adrenaline surging, ready to start. We kicked off, but our attack that followed made up for anything wrong we did during our training and more, much much more. In a few phases, we gained the ball and our new recruit Victor (who had played as flanker in England. I'm not using his real name) signed his first try in Madrid's league. 


Victor running


But this match, something incredible happened. I scored a try! Right through the defence! I was really happy. But further on, when we would have a depression in our defence and were losing 47-42, we scored that try. It was up to me, for the second time in my career to put that ball in between those three poles. But I failed. How come? It was a really easy shot: straight forward. Some more practise, then?


No comments:

Post a Comment