Saturday 25 February 2017

Great comeback against Colmenar Viejo

Awesome win against Colmenar Viejo

On Saturday 25th February 2017, we had a pretty difficult match against Colmenar Viejo. But it was my comeback. I played an awesome match! Even my father was impressed. I was playing as the 8th player, for once in my life! This was much easier than playing as a second row! My position was perfect and I was always on the offensive. I didn't get to score a try, but I tried to transform a try. I failed miserably. I hit the post. 

Anyway, when the training started, I was already motivated.




Some minutes of reflection before the game


Almost too much... well, OK, all the good players were in the B team and the we were only 7 people from 2nd year out of 13 players. That was nearly equal! The game started and my adrenaline + motivation rushed. We started landing tries. Those heavy tries that you think can't penetrate your defence: round the outside, straight through the middle, in between players, etc.



A try with style for the camera!

 I didn't try, but I was always there, ready to help if my help was needed. The rucks never saw enough of me. I was starting to get speedy. Maybe my daily runs to school have helped with that. But then, my chance came: after a try, no-one wamted to transform. So I took up the responsibility. I placed the ball with special care on the cone. I double checked the direction. I stepped backwards, triple checked the position of my foot and the trayectory. For a moment, I was Dan Carter, in my own world of calculations to get that ball in between those two posts. I ran up, hit the ball... BANG! 



I get ready
It hit the post! I heard a loud OOOHHH..... from the parents. I was devastated. But, the game must go on! We finished up the game with a pair of more spectacular tries. Then it was over.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment